"Personally identifying information" is information that can be explicitly used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes information like your name, e-mail address, mailing address, etc. Information that, by itself, cannot be explicitly linked with your "real" identity is not considered personally identifying.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website members; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
2. Information about website visits
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services; and
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, OS type, browser type, screen size, system clock, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability, and for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of this website.
3. Using your personal data
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology.
4. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.